Federal Broach and Machine Company has one of the lowest warranty cost per machine ratios in the industry. Our unparalleled attention to detail, construction methods and purchased component control, gives each one of our machines that added assurance of quality.
Offered in electromechanical or hydraulic styles, rising table or pull down versions. These machines can produce various internal profiles such as parallel sided, involute splines, cam forms and various other internal profiles. Internal machines come in tonnage capacities from 5 to 60 tons and strokes up to and including 120 inches. Smaller machines usually can be installed on a standard concrete industrial floor, however, larger machines such as a 25 ton 100 inch stroke models will require a 12 inch steel reinforced foundation. Internal machines require approximately 300 square feet of floor space and up to 25 feet of ceiling height if equipped with an optional tool change crane. Exact specifications will be supplied due to the large variation of machines offered in this style.
- Machine Stroke – 24 to 102 inches
- Broach Force – 5 to 60 US tons
- Cycle time – 18 to 60 seconds
- Broach Tool Length – 24 to 102 inches
- Broach tool type – Conventional or spiral design
- Cutting speed – Variable up to 45 feet/min.
- Return speed – Variable up to 60 feet/min.
- Hydraulic system – Up to 400 US gallons(If required)
- Pneumatic system – 60 p.s.i. (if required)
- Coolant system – Self contained, integral or pump back compatible
- Electrical system – Siemens, Fanuc or Allen Bradley
- Lubrication system – 200 hour before refill
- Part fixture design – Manual/robot shuttle table or auto load
- Machine Weight – Up to 50 tons
- Machine height – Up to 30 feet
- Floor space – Flexible design
- Foundation requirements – Up to 12 inch steel reinforced concrete
- Fabricated steel frame, normalized prior to machining
- Hardened and ground steel, main and handling slide ways
- Cast iron handling slide and main ram
- Single roller screw main puller bracket drive (on electromechanical models)
- Hydraulic or ball screw handling slide drive
- Positive puller and retriever locking with electric feed-back (on electromechanical)
- Isolation mounts under main machine on machines over 25 ton capacity
- Dry floor guarding to suit load/unload systems
- Shed plates to direct chip and coolant into chip conveyor or pump back
- Painted to customer specifications
- Multiple broach stations
- Optional part blow-off system reduces coolant carry-off
- Temperature control system
- Automatic door to accommodate part loading
- Programmable tool lengths for versatile cutting lengths
- Mist collector system
- Chip conveyor
- Puller open/close electric feed back
- Coolant filter
© 2013 Federal Broach & Machine Company
and Helical Rising Table
Horizontal Surface Broach
Integration Systems Protocol
Blind Spline Punches
Blind Spline Dies
In-House Design Dept.
Service Engineer Dept.
Part Holding Fixtures &
Standard Purchasing Terms & Conditions
Standard Sales Terms & Conditions